Election Consulting Group provides a comprehensive range of voting management services for Government, non-Government, Universities, Credit Unions, Superannuation and Not–for-Profit organisations. For our voting management services, we receive personal information relating to the list of eligible voters for an election/ballot, collect and count votes in accordance with relevant legislation and applicable rules.
Protecting personal information provided to us is important and integral to our business philosophy and ethics.
We are required to comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. We trust the information contained in this Personal Information Management (or Privacy Management) Statement will give you an understanding how Election Consulting Group collects, manages, uses and safeguards your personal information.
What information do we receive?
In its capacity as an electoral agent, Election Consulting Group utilises for the purposes of a single Ballot or Election the following personal information including; Name and Address details, Membership or Employee number, Date of Birth and email addresses.
How information is collected and stored:
Personal information is stored in secure electronic databases and where applicable, paper documents. Any information on paper documents is stored in secure; Locked Bag, Locked Ballot Boxes plus offsite storage facilities for a period of time determined by the relevant Rules and Regulation and Constitution and our Client’s instructions.
Election Consulting Group takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
How personal information is used:
Personal information is collected and used to provide related services that are connected to the initial purpose of the election or Ballot.
Provision of voting management related services including; distribution of voting information, collection and counting of votes and subsequent reporting to our Client.
Election Consulting Group does not sell, trade, lease or rent personal information.
Depending on our Client’s request and/or Election Rules and Constitutional requirements, electronic records and/or paper materials will be disposed of within 30-days after the completion of the Election Report.
The Director Election Consulting Group (02) 93629775
Access to and use of this site is provided by The Election Consulting Group Pty Ltd (ABN 14 135 051053) on the following conditions and any other directions or rules of use on this site (Terms). If you access this site (other than to read these Terms for the first time), you agree to these Terms. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes on-line. You are responsible for informing yourself of any changes by regularly reviewing these pages. If you access the site after changes to the Terms are posted, you agree to all changes (including those of which you are then unaware have been posted).
Disclaimers, liability limitation and indemnity
Use of this site is at your risk, neither Election Consulting Group Pty Ltd any of their respective employees, consultants, agents, third party content providers:
- The sites use, its content or any products or services (including our products or services) referred to on this site. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following;
- your reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the site or its content (including third party material on this site), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us;
- make any express or implied representation or warranty about, nor shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with this site;
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on this site. Links are provided for the convenience of our site users only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by us and you link to any such site at your own risk;
- This site is designed for general interest only.
- It is not advice and you should not rely on it.
No advice given
If you require specific advice for your individual circumstances, consult an appropriate expert directly. Do not rely on the general material on this site. We will endeavour to assist you if you specifically enquire about matters in which we have expertise, but cannot accept any responsibility for doing this.
Copyright and intellectual property notices
Australian copyright protection the material on this website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia.
We own or control, and reserve, all rights
Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of these web pages and on-line images (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved, by us.
Personal, non-commercial use
You are authorised to;
- view content for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- If you are an internet service or access provider, you are authorised to grant access to this site, intact, to your subscribers.
- You must not, without our prior written permission, exploit any of our site materials for commercial purposes.
Otherwise you are not authorised, without our prior written permission and the permission of any other relevant rights owner, to copy, mirror, broadcast, reproduce, frame, republish, download, store (in any medium), up-load to a third party, transmit, post, broadcast, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of, or create a derivative work from, these web pages for any other purpose.
Creating links to this site
No links are allowed to this website unless prior approval is given.
Prohibition, no trade mark of ours (whether registered or otherwise) may be used without our prior, specific, written permission.
Other product names and images on this site may be trademarks or registered trademarks of ours, our affiliates or third parties (including advertisers and sponsors). The use or misuse of these trademarks, except as expressly authorised, is prohibited.
Disclaimer of association or endorsement
The use by us of a trade mark on this site is not intended to indicate any association with or endorsement by, the owner of that trade mark.
User Conduct and indemnity
Lawful use only -you must use this site only for lawful purposes.
You must not up-load, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site any material which:
- violates or infringes the rights of others (including their privacy and publicity rights);
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this site;
- affects the functionality or operation of this site or its servers or the functionality or operation of any users' computer systems (for example, by transmitting a computer virus or other harmful component, whether or not knowingly); or
- Breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority, including authorities which require us to take remedial action under any applicable industry code.
No infringement of others' proprietary rights
You must not, without the express permission of the relevant rights owner, up-load, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site any material protected by copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights.
Co-operation with authorities
We reserve the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of a lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information about anyone posting materials which the authority claims violates any applicable law.
Products on Linked Sites
Third party web sites accessed through links on this site, or advertisements, their referral buttons or embedded hyperlinks might contain representations or offers which you can accept by linking to a relevant site and executing a transaction. These are not representations or offers made by us and the relevant third party is solely responsible to you for the delivery, condition and suitability of any products or services you purchase by accessing those sites.
New South Wales, Australia law applies
This site (excluding any linked, third party sites) is controlled by us from Australia.
If any provision of the Terms is found by a court to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remaining Terms which will continue in full force and effect.
Site or content may be unlawful outside Australia
We do not warrant that the content of this site complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. If you access this site from outside of Australia, you do so at your own risk and you accept responsibility for ensuring or confirming compliance with all laws that apply to you as a result of that access or any consequent transactions or dealings with us.
Your responsibilities under laws affecting you
You are responsible for ensuring that your use of this site is lawful, does not infringe any third party's rights and does not breach any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority (including relevant internet industry codes of practice).
No offers where illegality arises
Nothing on this site constitutes an offer to provide goods or services in any jurisdiction if to do so would contravene the laws of that jurisdiction.